"23 things" has been an interesting journey and an eye-opener in many ways - I hadn't realised just how much "stuff" is out there in the virtual world.
As time goes by I'm sure our TAFE libraries will need to utilise most of the 23 things we have sampled.
Like a lot of my fellow 23-things colleagues, I had had no exposure to 90% of these "things" and felt wilful resistance to the whole programme in the beginning, but by number 15, had settled into my fait accompli.
As time goes by, I'd like to believe that the ICT systems & support @ TAFE SA will improve, because the times were many that I (& others) couldn't use the apps we needed for the 23 exercises and this added an element of frustration that further fuelled our angst.
There is a good example of how a similar mini programme (A taste of web 2.0) is offered by the Yarra Plenty community library. This library not only uses many of these applications in it's own operations & environment, but offers its members a self-paced online discovery program.
Check out their site at http://www.yprl.vic.gov.au/
Our TAFE libraries could perhaps embed a similar feature & service in our library page.
To my work mates who are still to cross the 23-things finish line I cheer you on - head down & keep going - it somehow gets easier with each exercise and believe me, the final victory is sweet!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Robyn, well done for finishing 23 Things. You might be interested to know that yarra Public Library were one of the first public libraries in Australia to take up the 23 things online program and you can see that they have applied their knowledge - our next step!
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helen